POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray on non-IEEE floating-point compatible platforms : Re: POV-Ray on non-IEEE floating-point compatible platforms Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray on non-IEEE floating-point compatible platforms
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Sep 2002 05:51:33
Message: <3D8EE425.117C3945@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> While there are not many such platforms left, those who still need them and
> have ISO C99 compatible libraries may want to try to adjust the ot_index_box
> function in octree.cpp to use the logbf / ilogbf C99 library function, which
> is available in most recent compilers for Unix platforms.  below is the
> example code that demonstrates how to adapt the code.  The actual POV-Ray
> code change is left as an exercise to the reader ;-)

I don't know much about these different floating point formats, but
remember this part was exactly what caused problems when i last tried
using POV-Ray on a SGI machine.  Will your suggestion help there or is
that a different (64 bit specific) problem?

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______